U.S. Citizen Services
- Delays in Passport Processing: Due to a systems issue affecting global passport operations, passport applications accepted at all overseas passport facilities between May 26, 2015 and June 12, 2015 are experiencing delays in printing. If you applied for a passport during this time frame and have travel plans within the next 10 business days, please consider requesting an emergency passport at the consulate or embassy at which you originally applied. For information about how to apply for an emergency passport, please call at 01(662) 289-3500 ext. 3522, 3435, 3409, 3595.
- The U.S. Consular Agency in Mazatlan will not provide notarial services from July 13 through July 31 and from August 13 through August 21.
- We request that you please plan accordingly and make an appointment on these dates to obtain notarial services. Please contact the Consular Agency to make an appointment: (669) 916-5889.
- You may also obtain notary services from the U.S. Consulate General in Hermosillo. At the USCG Hermosillo notary services are by appointment only from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, except official U.S. and Mexican holidays. To make an appointment in Hermosillo, please click here. If you have multiple documents to be notarized you only require one appointment for that day. There is a $50 USD fee for each document to be notarized.
- Discontinuation Of Acceptance Of Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad At Consular Agency Mazatlán. For more information about this new process click here.
American Citizen Services is a unit of the Consulate General. The ACS Unit and the Consular Agency Mazatlan employees assist Americans in Sinaloa and most of Sonora in a number of ways. Follow the links in the sidebar to obtain more information about the various services and information provided to American citizens by the Consulate General.
There is a Consular Agency in Mazatlan which can assist Americans in emergencies and with most routine services, including accepting applications for passports. The following is contact information for the Mazatlan Consular Agency:
Address: Playa Gaviotas 202, Local 10. Zona Dorada.
Mazatlán, Sinaloa, México
Telephone/Fax: (011-52) 669-916-58-89
Email address: ConAgencyMazatlan@state.gov
Operating hours: Monday thru Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Please Note: The United States Consulate in Nogales, Sonora is responsible for the northernmost portion of Sonora along the U.S./Mexican border, which includes the cities of Puerto Penasco, Agua Prieta, Caborca and San Luis Rio Colorado. To contact the U.S. Consulate in Nogales from the U.S., dial 011-52-631-313-4820).
Local calls: 289-3500
Within Mexico: (662) 289-3500
International call: 011 52 (662) 289-3500
Extensions: 3522, 3511, 3595, 3435, 3409
Business hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
For exceptions see consular calendar.
Monterrey 141 Pte.
Hermosillo, Sonora. 83260
Emergency Cheat Sheet (PDF 266KB)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.